I just wanted to post a little more information on Congenital Heart Defects and clear up some questions that I have recieved from multiple people about the reason that Cooper passed away. The reason that I went into pre-term labor did not have anything to do with what was wrong with Cooper's heart. Babies hearts are formed in-utero between the 7th and 8th week of pregnancy, lot's of time's before women even know they are pregnant. There is nothing that a mom can do to prevent her child from being born with a heart defect and it does not cause pre-term delivery. My doctor's are not exactly sure why I went into pre-term labor with Cooper but sometimes I like to think that since God knew Cooper's heart wan't perfect that he wanted to protect us all and not allow Cooper to suffer so that is why He wanted me to go into PTL. It would have been very difficult on Clay and I to have to put Cooper through heart surgery. I know too much about it and I have seen a lot of good outcomes and a lot of bad one's. With Cooper's condition since his pulmonary veins were connected to his portal vein it would have been a very difficult surgery. Now don't get me wrong if I could do it all over again and have more time with him I would do it. Had I been able to keep him in me until term he WOULD have undergone surgery to try and correct his heart. I would do everything in my power to be able to hold him and bring him home one day. I would greatly take all the cardiology appointments, medication delivery, long stays in the ICU, and multiple trips to the ER if I could have Cooper at home with Clay and I but I just realize that God had another plan in mind. I just wanted to make sure that everyone understood that even if Cooper had been born full-term he still would have had his heart defect and on the other hand his heart defect was not the reason he was born early. Thanks for listening, I know things are confusing I just thought this may help clear up some questions :)
Melody
No comments:
Post a Comment