Monday, November 13, 2006

Taking each day one at a time

Well Clay and I are doing OK. We have been keeping ourselves somewhat busy lately which is helping. I am still not sure what I am going to do about work. I love what I do but I am just not sure if I can emotionally handle going back to the PICU where I work with children everyday that have the same problems that Cooper did. I know that as of right now I have to go back to work because Clay and I are under my insurance. I do have approximately 10 weeks of paid time off and can take up to 12 weeks off without my insurance lapsing. The only problem is that whenever we decide to do this again I won't have much time off accrued because it has taken me almost 3 years to get this long accrued. Anyways, I go back to the doctor on December 8th for my 6 week check-up. Clay is going to go with me because we still have a lot of unanswered questions. When I spoke with my doctor the other day she told me that they really don't have a reason for why I went into preterm labor. She told me that next time they would treat me as if I had an incompetent cervix and do a cerclage by 16 weeks. After talking with some other people that probably means besrest also. It does not matter to Clay and I though we are willing to do whatever it takes to get a healthy baby. Well I just thought that I would give a quick update. Continue to think of us and keep us in your prayers.

Love,
Melody and Clay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are right taking it one day at a time and keeping busy are good tools in this long journey of grief. Please know that you are being "held" in my thoughts. I again am so sorry for your loss and the pain you are going thru.

Stephanie Miller
Mom to Miranda and My Angel Lauren Faith