Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Well first of all Clay and I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. Today we went out to Clay's family for lunch and then to my sister's for dinner. It was a somewhat difficult day today, I definately have a lot to be thankful for but it is just so hard to think about what things would be like had we not lost Cooper. I guess I just feel like the world has kept going like nothing is wrong and I just can't do that. I definately feel most comfortable at my house just lying around but I realize that I can't do that forever. I think Clay and I are going to go to the funeral home next week and order Cooper's headstone. I feel so bad with not ordering it yet because I feel like there is nothing out there to mark his spot right now. Clay and I have talked about what we are going to do for him for Christmas, and we hope to put a little tree out there and some other Christmas things. I still am dreading the rest of the Holiday's coming up. I really don't feel like putting up a Christmas tree or anything to do with Christmas but it is one of my favorite holiday's so I hate to not do anything. Clay and I are also supposed to have Christmas dinner over here so I guess I have to do something.

I will say that through all of this Clay and I have met some really great people that have been through the same stuff. There is a wonderful website called www.savinglittlehearts.com where there is a family match program where you can sign up to meet other people that have children born with heart defects. It is amazing how common this congenital defect is. Did you know that 1 in 125 children are born with a heart defect? It is the #1 congenital defect for children and it does not recieve much publicity. I do feel that I would love to help start something here in Memphis to help raise awareness eventually. Everyone I have met through SLH have just been wonderful. They have informed me of support groupd on-line and one lady even sent me a sweet book in the mail. It is so sad to realize how many children and families have to go through this. Well, I guess I am going to go for now.

Love, Mommy and Daddy to Angel Baby Cooper Walker

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you, Mama Burchette. I'm praying for you often.

-Melissa S.