After another trip to the Minor Med last Tuesday night, and another bad ear infection, I was done. I called the ENT back the following morning and we set up our surgery date. To say I was a little hesitant would be putting it mildly. It took me forever to decide on an ENT and once I did and made an appointment, I actually changed my mind and called to change my appointment. I absolutely love the MD we chose and I think he is the best around and the best for my family. (I find that I am quite a bit needy when it comes to people treating my children) After deciding on surgery, I called the surgery center to request my anesthesiologist and CRNA, and that also helped put my mind at ease. Knowing who's hands are going to be on your baby and having that knowledge of who to choose and ability to do so does have it's perks.
Anyways, on Thursday night we took Little Love out to Gigi's so that she could spend the night since we had to be up super early to get LIttle Man to the surgery center. Thankfully, Clay got off work early Thursday night so he was able to get a bit of sleep before getting up and getting him ready. We had to be there at 6:30 for check in and pre-op stuff and then surgery was set for 7:30. I was so glad we were Dr. N's first case because I knew LIttle Man would not be a big fan of the strange environment at the surgery center. Nana met us there and brought us a little breakfast to enjoy while LIttle Man was in surgery.
The Pre-op nurse took us back promptly after arriving and getting paperwork filled out and I dressed him in his little yellow gown and slipper socks. Then we did pre-op vitals and weight and had a little chat with Dr. A, the anesthesiologist and shortly after Dr. N, the ENT. It felt like the hour flew by, because before I knew it, the nurse was there to take us through the bunny tunnel and take him into surgery. The hand-off actually went really smoothly and he amazingly didn't even cry after picking out his toy and the nurse taking him.
Nana, Clay and I went back to the pre-op room and wait and not more than 15 minutes later, Dr. N came in to tell us that everything went great. He did mention that my poor Little Man STILL had an ear infection and that his little ears just looked awful. He told us that he had suctioned out a lot of mucous from his ears and put in antibiotic ear drops while in the OR that I am to continue at home for the next week.
Then it was time to go to the Post-op room to hold Little Man, I was told by many people to expect him to be extremely upset and irritable waking from anesthesia but he did fairly well, He was a little irritable when I initially got back in there but he settled down fairly quickly. I think we only waited about 45 minutes afterward and then were on our way home.
We all took a long morning nap upon arriving home and then enjoyed a PJ day at home. I am so glad all of this is behind us and I just pray this is all it will take to help get my LIttle Man well. I am so ready for my precious baby to feel better and start gaining some weight!! Bless his little heart, he has felt bad for so long, he hasn't been eating well and I don't think he has gained an ounce in 3 months!
No comments:
Post a Comment