Ok, I have debated back and forth about whether or not to give Lilliana juice just yet. Does anyone have any suggestions or thought on it? She has been drinking water for about 5 month's now since we started the sippy cup so early and is still doing pretty good with that but all she really wants is milk. I know she isn't supposed to be getting as much milk anymore these days, because of the possibility of becoming anemic so I was trying to think of another idea. I put a poll on the side to also get some opinions. :)
Thanks.
6 comments:
I am pretty sure I was giving Sophia juice by now. I just water it down a whole lot, like 1/3 juice and 2/3 water. I still water it down that much now. go for it!!
I waited until 13 months to give my lil man juice but it was WAY more water...we're talking maybe a tablespoon of juice, just enough to flavor the water, and he likes it just fine! :) Good luck.
Jacks doesn't really like juice. He only wants water or milk. I didn't want him to really like juice because it's emtpy calories. He was in a juice box phase for a couple of weeks, but this boy just loves his milk! =) I had never heard about anemia, what's the deal with that?
I am with everyone else--watered down juice. I also stay away from apple juice. Dentist said it is the worse thing for little teeth. My boys are 6 and 4 and their juice is still watered down. If she likes water I would always stick with that.
if she's fine with water, i'd stick with it. i started (diluted) juice early with chloe & quinn because both of them had problems with constipation. they still get more water than juice, but i wish they would take straight water.
I hardly ever give Evelyne juice.. partly because I just never buy it, and partly because I don't see the need. She gets a sippy of milk for breakfast, water the rest of the day, and a sippy of milk for dinner. (probably around 16-20 oz. of milk total) She does get juice every once in awhile, but I seriously fill-up the cup almost all the way and pour-in about an ounce or two of juice just for flavor. She totally doesn't know the difference, the juice lasts longer, it's less sugar, and she's an awesome water drinker! (also Ev doesn't have a big appetite and is a picky eater, so I don't want her too full of milk or juice, so this seems to work for us)
Post a Comment