weight: 15 lb. 10 oz.
height: 26 1/4 inches
head circumference: 43 cm
Her height was in the 25 % and weight and head circumference was 10 - 25 %. Although she has only gained 1 pound since she was 6 months Dr. K was not concerned. He kinda feels like this is where she is going to be on the growth curve and said that as long as she stays where he plotted her, he is happy. According to my mom, I wasn't even on the curve when I was little so I am surprised that she is. Clay and I are both small people so she definitely doesn't have the genes to be a very big girl! Everything else checked out wonderfully and even though she has been pulling at her ears a ton lately, he said they were clear.
We did discuss my hesitancy to continue to place her in the church nursery since RSV / Flu season is right around the corner. Dr. K did agree with me and said that he is a pretty paranoid parent himself. That made me feel a lot better considering I am not the norm with most of our friends. I blame most of it on my nursing background and the fact that when I see kids get sick they are the sickest kids of all since they are requiring the PICU. So, I guess that means that this Sunday will be the last nursery visit for a while, if she even goes this week. RSV season is just around the corner and usually is in full force starting in October and lasts through April.
Not only will we be pulling her from nursery but we will making our outings a lot less frequently soon. I just don't want to take any chances and feel like if there is something I can do to prevent her from getting sick then I am going to do it. I would never forgive myself if she got sick and it was because of my carelessness. So for those of you in the Memphis area, if you don't see much of us in the near future, we aren't being unsocial we have just become hermit crabs for the winter season!
2 comments:
Melody of course I am going to invite you! You are so funny. I consider you one of my blog friends! :)
oh, p.s. I have a Nikon D70 (VERY VERY OLD), but to my friends I recommend Nikon D40 or D60 ... basically digital SLRs (the "big" cameras) are just tons better than the mini ones. I also recommend Photoshop Elements for my friends ... I use Photoshop CS3, but it costs a ton, and I think Elements is great for moms!
AND ... the Arboretum is just a huge park-like area that has tons of flowers, plants, etc ... it is kept up so beautifully. They also have a bunch of activities/events throughout the year, which are always so great. The website is dallasarboretum.org.
Post a Comment