Friday, August 15, 2008

Lot's of changes

Well last Thursday upon Clay returning home from work I learned that he had been laid off from his job.  This is not something that we saw coming and of course it is a huge blow to us considering he is is the breadwinner and I am only working a couple of nights a month.  Well, of course the only reasonable option was for me to go back to work more.  As much as I hate it, Clay has solely been supporting our family for over a year now and I think it is time I stepped up to the plate.  
Just before learning of this there was a job opportunity that had become available at work which is a very competitive position I was debating taking.  It was something that I had been praying about because it would require me to work 2 weekend nights a week but the pay is so worth it.  I guess, I got my answer pretty quickly, and realized that we were making the right and best decision for our family.  
I know that this is probably most difficult on Clay because he is just like most men who want to provide for his family the best way he knows how.  We actually see this as a blessing because Clay was and always has been loyal to his employer and he has worked much harder in the last year than ever before and the money was just now what we needed it to be.  We had actually been talking heavily about him searching for another job but I think he would of had a hard time leaving his current position.  So, we just feel like God did us a favor and has helped Clay get rid of some unnessesary baggage.  We actually have been blessed for him to already have gone on 1 interview and has spoken with a handful of employers that are willing to offer him a position working with them.  We are just trying to keep our options open at this point and not make any sort of rash decision.  We both want him to be truly happy at what he does and we are quickly realizing how many more opportunities are out there.     
If anyone knows someone who is looking for a good salesman, just let us know.  Clay previously worked in the Heating and Air Conditioning business as a territory manager so he has 7 years of sales experience.  He also has a degree in International Business so we are pretty open to jobs right now.  Just please keep us in your prayers as, he is really itching to find something soon. 

No comments: