
my lil cutie and Nana

me and Lilliana

the family

me and Lilliana

my lil cutie in her tutu
On Sunday I was able to celebrate my first official Mother's Day and it was GREAT! We had Lilliana's baby dedication that morning during the church service and our whole family was there to support us. Then we all came back to our house where we grilled out burgers and hot dogs and just enjoyed each other's company. It is so great to have an earthly child to celebrate Mother's Day with. I don't think I realized the importance of this day until I had a child of my own. It is amazing the sacrifices that my own mother made for me. I guess you could say that I was somewhat of a spoiled child myself (my husband would say I still am!). I now realize that my mom would have given the shirt off her back to give me something that I may have wanted or needed even if her need was greater. This is the same way I feel for Lilliana. Before she was born I enjoyed my job as a nurse and I enjoyed all the many things Clay and I were able to do with the extra money coming in. I have to say now that I would give it all up to stay home with her and I am so thankful that Clay's job has allowed me to do that. (I don't consider my 1-2 shifts per month really working) It is amazing how your priorities and perspectives on life change after a baby. Instead of wanting that new coach purse, I would have wanted a year ago, I am just looking forward to the day when Lilliana reaches out for me to hold her and calls me Mama. I sure hope it happens before she says Dada :) I know I don't tell my mom enough how much she means to me. Love you Mom and couldn't ask for a better Mother. I sure hope Lilliana feels that way about me one day!
1 comment:
Oh honey - I love you, and I am so tickled you are consumed with the unconditional love that mommys have with their babies. Just remember that God loves us with unconditional love also! Lilliana will be calling her mama's name in the middle of the night, very soon. :o) Always and forever yours, Mom
Post a Comment