Friday, May 23, 2008
False Alarm
Before Clay and I placed Lilliana in her bed we decided to purchase an Angel Monitor. It is an apnea monitor that has a sensor that goes underneath the mattress to detect her respirations. If at any point she was to stop breathing for 20 seconds or longer it is supposed to beep and vibrate like crazy. Well, at exactly 3:07 am the other morning it went off for the first time. I immediately woke up and ran as fast as I could into her room to find her turned sideways and at the top of her crib. She of course was breathing but had just come off of the sensor which made it alarm. I don't think I have ever moved that fast in my entire life. It completely freaked my out and I just knew that she was going to be blue when I arrived at her bedside. If that wasn't enough, it happened once more that night but since then has not occured. Now, I have heard from those who think these monitors are silly and too aggressive about things like this happening but I guess I am just glad to know that it works. I also will admit that Clay referes to this as a paranoid parent's tool, and I told him that I qualify for that title!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have this monitor also. Try placing it a little higher or lower depending on where she likes to roll. It really helps. When she decides to roll to the other end, just move it a little the other way. I love my monitor! =)
It's a big job when God intrusts you with a precious little one's care...so of course we're going to be paranoid parents! She's just beautiful and I'm sure will laugh at that story one day :)
Post a Comment