Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Coping

Well I realized that I have not been on here for quite a few months and I guess life has just gotten away from me lately. Clay and I have been extremely busy with work and just life in general lately. I am still at the PICU at LeBonheur and Clay is still doing sales for Trane heating and Air-Conditioning. There are still times when work is hard, with all the babies up there that have heart defects and just seeing the trial and tribulations that their families face. I have realized more and more lately how truly blessed Clay and I were with the way God handled Cooper's short life. As much as I would have wanted him to thrive while he was in the NICU the likelihood of that happening would have been slim to none and the peace that God has given us in taking him home to be with our Heavenly Father is much more than I could ask for. Granted, I would give it all up to have more earthly time with him but God has also shown Clay and I how short our time here on earth is and that our eternity with Him is what we should look forward to.


Since it appears that my last post was about the March of Dimes walk I guess I should comment on what a wonderful success that was. I was so humbled to have so many wonderful people there to walk with me on that day and many others that helped donate to Cooper's Troop. I believe out grand total was around $5,000 which far exceeded the $2,000 goal that I had set for ourselves. There was a great banquet during the summer that Clay and I attended where we received multiple awards including, 3rd place in t-shirt, 1st place for new family team, 2nd place overall and one more I believe. It was so exhilarating to realize that we had done all that to help other babies and to support such a wonderful cause. It is definitely a tradition that we would like to continue yearly and we already have some great ideas to help raise money for next year. We pray that Cooper is our only baby that we have to walk for and that God blesses us with a full-term healthy baby next time.


Other things that are going on is we sold our house down in Harbor Town in August and since we had to be out within 2 weeks we moved in with my mom, where we still sit. We have not had much luck finding a home that we like within our price range. The market is so slow around here lately and we are just praying that God's will give us a sense of peace and send us a home in His perfect timing.


Of course with it being October only one thing really comes to mind for me. The 1 year anniversary of Cooper's birth and death. October 18th is Clay's birthday and is also the day that I was admitted to the hospital in pre-term labor at 24 weeks gestation with Cooper. I then sat in labor and delivery for the next 9 days when I delivered Cooper on October 27th at 3:38 in the am. I still can't believe it has been a year and that this anniversary is already upon us. Cooper was in the NICU for 2 days before passing on October 29th when Clay and I left the hospital with all our hopes and dreams shattered and with empty arms. I know this month is going to be difficult but Clay and I have felt such a sense of peace about everything that happened that we can't help but still raise our hands up to God and praise His name. Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers during the next few weeks and I promise to update this blog more frequently from here on out.

God Bless,
Mommy and Daddy to Cooper Walker
Melody and Clay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!!!! You're posting again! Continuing to pray for you this month as I know it will be difficult. Continue to place your faith in God and let Him help you through this difficult time....