Saturday, October 28, 2006

SPECIFICS ON COOPER WALKER BURCHETT

Cooper Walker Burchett (such a BIG name for a tiny little boy) weighed 1 lb. 5 oz. when he was born yesterday morning--but most important is he was 13 & 3/8 inches in length. He is not a tiny little baby the size of a bird, as I was expecting--just imagine.............. a ruler is 12 inches long--and add another inch and a half. That's the length of Cooper. :o) We have placed him in God's hands for God's perfect will. Cooper was on 100% oxygenization and has had it moved back to as low as 60% this morning, but it has been increased to 70% this afternoon. He will have his bad days and good days. The nurses explained that the first 72 hrs. is the honeymoon period--it could get bad after that time. We know he will need blood soon, because they take blood for tests, and at this age, they do not make more blood. I would like to donate directly to him, as we both have the same O positive blood, and I am checking with LifeBlood to see if this is possible (have to be sure because of medications I take.) We sincerely appreciate your many calls and prayers. Melody will be going home tomorrow from the hospital.

No comments: