
SUNDAY NIGHT POSTING
Well, the terbutaline pump did not work on Melody--they stopped the magnesium and had her on the terbutaline pump and she was in labor all day. It was just not effective on her. RATS.
Tonight, at about 8:00 PM they had to put her back on the magnesium. Before I left, it was already slowing down the contractions. I hope she can sleep tonight. She did get to eat--the dr. said she could have a soft diet--so her father-in-law got her some mashed potatoes and gravy from Kentucky Fried Chicken and I brought in a kid-size frosty from Wendys. She was in heaven. :o) She ate a few bites of both--was afraid to get full, since the mag made her throw up so much last time.
I have a full day of teaching tomorrow--I told her to behave.
SATURDAY POSTING
It is just a roller coaster--today is a good one--I pray it continues. She is still on the magnesium, but they should be weaning her off of it soon because they have put her on the Terbutaline pump.
Hopefully, this will be what she needs. She is now having maybe 1 contraction an hour--today--that is--it could change at any given point--but things are looking up right now. The nurses are just wonderful at Germantown Methodist and came in today and took off the headboard of the bed and put big garbage bags at the end and washed Melody's hair--then blew it dry--then gave her a complete bath (in the bed), shaving her legs, etc. I was helping but they did 90% of it. She feels like a new person. I have taken 3 pics of her in the hospital today and hope to get them uploaded to the blog on my next posting. The terbutaline pump should keep things under wraps--at least, that's what they are shooting for. Her cervix is so thin (90% effaced), that is what we are worrying about mostly--and hoping her water does not break.
No comments:
Post a Comment